Re: Cheap affordable amp

I don't have problems with feedback, regardless of the amp.  My acoustic
volume is extremely loud, due in part to valved diatonic requiring resonance
to bend, and consequently I don't need to turn my amp up that much.

The Pignose is pretty lo-Z input, and I wouldn't recommend using it with a
crystal or ceramic mic.  I'm not sure what the 150 is.

For a very small battery operated harp-only amp, my favorite is a cheap
junker I picked up in a thrift shop called a "Guitar Buddy".  It's probably
a couple watts, has volume and tone controls, about a 20k input impedance
(OK for electrets, bullets, or dynamics, utterly worthless with crystals and
ceramics), and has something like a 4 or 5" speaker.  It takes the old style
(large) 9 volt batteries (they're scarce as hens teeth these days - and if
you find them, they're usually dead from exceeding shelf life), but I
snipped the connector off and installed a 6 AA holder.  Alkalines will run
the amp at full bore fror quite a few hours.

I rarely play only harp, though, so my usual busking amp is a Carvin
StageMate with a 2nd battery for extended life.  It's 100 watts, and will
run all my stuff if I add a 2nd cab with a 15" speaker for bass.  And it's
LOUD!!!

 -- IronMan Mike Curtis www.ironmancurtis.com www.southlandblues.com
Wed June 11, 10pm BB Kings, Universal Citywalk; Wed June 18, 7-11pm Mission
Tobacco, Riverside; Sundays, 2pm Stagger Inn, 9108 Alondra, Bellflower; Tue
8pm
Starboard Attitude, Redondo Beach

From: "James Thurgood" <thurgood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>