Re: Kim Wilson's "Lookin' for Trouble"

onerocknrollchic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I got the CD and haven't put it away yet!  I thought Smokin' Joint was
> great and this is a couple notches up from that.  Some deep blues for sure,
> but
> also a couple Thunderbird-type party numbers, "Lookin' for Trouble II" and
> "High
> Time".
>
> As always with The Kim, LOTS of great harp. Quite a bit of cross and a 3rd
> postion on, I think, "Money Marbles & Chalk."
> BUY IT FROM THE RECORD COMPANY, excellent service!:
> http://www.mc-records.com

> Neece

I have to admit, from the clips on the Buy.com site, I believe this is Kim's
best work yet. My only reservation with Kim in the past was that he tended to
stick to close to the original versions of the songs he covered (particularly
in the solos), this time he seems to be spreading out more and taking alot of
liberties with the songs. Most people I don't advise this, but Kim has got the
skills to pull this off in spades. Kim IMHO has delivered a seriously good
record and everybody should pick it up.

Andrew