Re: Harp Players I'll not hear of

In a message dated 6/4/03 11:31:21 AM, robbingham@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> > > I finally heard some of those
> > > names that people have been
> > tossing around- - -. J. R.??? Yawn.
>
> Someone pointed out that it sounds like I'm writing
> off everyone's opinion who likes this guy's playing.
> True enough.

    Sometimes, as my mother taught me long ago, it's not good practice to try
and irritate people. That could account for some of the problem...
FYI... I have not been the world's biggest Jason Ricci fan, though I sure
wouldn't discount his ability and I didn't find   him boring when I saw him play
live. I'd love to be able to play that well. But then, I'd love to sound like
Butterfield too, because i DO buy all the things mentioned in the earlier
Harp-L writings about the Butterfield Blues Band.... Then again, opinions are like
*****, we've all got them.

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp