Organissimo - was Re: Blues Organ Players

Hi JP,

Check out these guys:

http://www.organissimo.org

They are one of my favorite current bands. Jim Alfredson, the B3 player, was
a child prodigy. I had the great fortune of playing in his first band when
he was only 16. Even then, he was easily the best musician I ever played
with. Trust me, if you like Jimmy Smith, you will love these guys. Check out
the tribute tune "Jimmy Smith Goes to Washington". BTW, the drummer in this
group, Randy Marsh, often plays drums for my band. Last winter, Jim
Alfredson played organ with us at a gig. It was phenomenal. I think harp and
organ work really well together. He'll probably be playing more gigs with us
in the future, and we hope to have him record with us at some point.

The guitar player in my band has been so inspired by Jim that he has taken
up the B3 (he already played piano pretty well) tonight we are getting
together for the first time to rehearse our "jazz fantasy" trio. He's on B3,
I'm on chromatic harp, and eventually we'll add a drummer. We're gonna run
through some standards tonight and see how it goes.

Take care,

Alec Drachman
http://www.bluecats.org