Hohner 365

>Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:23:53 -0600
>From: "Michelle LeFree" <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: SBS vs. 365 (was 364) 14 (was 12) hole low harps
>
>Thanks to all for answering my questions about the SBS and 364/365's.  I did
>indeed make a mistake when I said that I have a new 364--it's really A Low C
>365 (my dumb!).  I guess I can count to 14 (holes), but 365 is apparently
>way out of my range.  :)
>
>Mojo, it seems like the octave jump at the lower end of the SBS would
>confuse me.  Doesn't it sound strange if you try to "gliss" or slide up
>across holes three and four?  I imagine you can do some nice tongue-block
>effects and  octaves down there with that disjoint layout, tho'.
>
>And, yes, Jp, I'm still figuring out the upper end of the 365...
>
>Gracias, Michelle

The upper end of the 365 MB is a crisscross pattern - 10b - c, 10d -a,
11b-e, 11d -b, 12b -g, 12d-d, 13b -c, 13d-f., 14-b-e, 14-d-a, if I'm not
mistaken.
It's also fairly challenging to get the hang of. I wrote some exercises
for the the shorter 364 MB in my book "Irish and American Fiddle Tunes
for Harmonica,"
and arranged around 20 tunes for it as well in the book. Hint: slow airs
are a whole lot easier on the thing than jigs and reels.

Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm