re:psychedelic harp 101

Rainbow Jimmy wrote:

>I don't know of any harp players doing extended psychedelic jams. I'd like
to work more towards that goal which means a lot more practice and more
music theory. I don't have the jazz knowledge, the extensive classical
background,or the years of bluegrass and jug band music to draw on.Running
up and down a myxolodian scale in itself won't work, not for 25 minutes non
stop.

To my ear, Jason Ricci does some real head tripping solos that come right
out of the 60's.  They are long organic, beautiful solos in his latest album
"Jason Ricci and New Blood --Feel Good Funk ".

Rick B
www.bluesharp.org