Re: fender bassman 59 (original or reissue)

Hi Phillipe,
I own a real '59 Bassman, and right off the bat, it is NOT for sale at any
price.I can't really give you a real shipping price cost, but it weighs
approximately 45-50 pounds, which I believe works out to 20-23 kilograms
(metric isn't used to a great degree here in the USA, other than in the
medical field). With the weights I have listed, add about 5 pouinds for the
shipping container, and then I would suggest contacting a courier company
such as Federal Express, DHL, or United Parcel Service, as they can give you
a more realistic idea of the shipping costs.

If you've located a Blues DeVille, it's going to be heaver than  Bassman
because of the reverb circuitry in it, so that would probably add an
additional 15-20 pounds to the shipping weight. If this DeVille is a model
with 4-10" speakers that have the alnico magnets like the Bassman reissue,
these are good amps for harp. In fact, this amp in its stock form sounds far
more like a real '59 Bassman than a stock reissue Bassman does for reasonsI
haven't quite figured out why just yet. Blues DeVille's are going for far
cheaper prices than Bassmans are, reissues or real ones. New, the cheapest
Bassman reissues are going for is about $800-900, wheras the Blues DeVilles
can be had for around $600.

The newer Hot Rod DeVilles have more drive crap, which is really useless for
harp, but these amps can be quite serviceable for harp. In either the older
alnico magnet ones or the newer ones, the first thing I would do is turn the
master volume control all the way up, which completely negates this circuit,
and do not switch oin the bright channel and don't bother with the extra
drive crap, which only works well with guitar.

Again, with the weight info I've given you plus adding at least 5 pounds for
the shipping containers, contact FedEx, DHL, or UPS and tell them what the
situation is and they would surely give you at least a ball park idea of
what your shipping cost will be.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte