Tongue block on the chr. harmonica: wide interval / fast tempo experiment

Up to now, I only use the 'pucker embouchure'. Tongue blocking is one of
those techniques that crosses my path now and then.

It's interesting to read all the different opinions and experiences. It
seems that for chromatic harmonica players, the criteria 'wide interval'
and 'fast tempo' are most important to be able to choose from the
options 'pucker' or 'tongue block'. This in combination with the
requirements
a. to keep the phrase smooth
b. with little risk of mistakes

For me, this brings up four questions ('[]' indicate 'fuzzy'):
1) What is a '[smooth] phrase'?
2) What is '[little] risk'?
3) What is a '[wide] interval'?
4) What is a '[fast] tempo'?

My answer to question 1) would be: a phrase that is played 'legato'.
My answer to question 2) would be something like: In the context of a
practicing situation, 9 out of 10 attempts are successful.

To answer question 3) I use the unit 'hole'. I did a simple experiment
by playing a certain interval 10 times without the limitation of a
certain tempo. The following table shows the results:

A 1 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 2), 0 mistakes
A 2 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 3), 0 mistakes
A 3 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 4), 0 mistakes
A 4 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 5), 0 mistakes
A 5 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 6), 1 mistake
A 6 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 7), >1 mistakes

To answer question 4) I played the same exercise again and measured the
fastest tempo possible for me, with the preservation of success (9/10).
Each note has a duration of a sixteenth.

A 1 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 2), 0 mistakes, max tempo 116 bpm
A 2 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 3), 0 mistakes, max tempo 92 bpm
A 3 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 4), 0 mistakes, max tempo 80 bpm
A 4 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 5), 0 mistakes, max tempo 72 bpm
A 5 hole interval (e.g. Hole 1 -> hole 6), 1 mistake, max tempo 63 bpm

It would be great if one or more tongue block players could go over the
same exercises and report their results. The next step would be to
compare the recorded exercises to be able to make further distinctions.

Please don't misunderstand me. This is by no means meant as a
competition. For me the results are important to be able to choose the
'right' technique for a particular musical challenge.

Wim Dijkgraaf