Re: tongue block (resend with subject)

Pat,
Don't be so sensitive. I recall you said in an earlier post that you
like all of your embouchures to sound the same (or pretty much the
same) otherwise it isn't musical. Then why bother varying your
embouchure? Personally, I get a different sound out of different
embouchures - I think it makes things more interesting tonally -
creates different dynamics etc. YMMV.
In any case, I'd like to hear a pure pucker player get that percussive
"thwap" of a tongue blocked note. You can get it with a U-block (great
for the two draw, especially rhythm stuff) but a pure pucker player is
going to sound like he's slurring most every note (in my not so humble
opinion).
Cheers
Andrew