Estrin last night

Saw the Little Charlie and the Nightcats (my first)
last night in Teton Village, Wyoming. Rick Estrin was
a blast.  He played almost exclusively through his
chrome bullet and Super Reverb.  I really enjoyed his
one Sonny Boy thing through the vocal mic on the
stand, even putting a 10-hole half way in his mouth
longways and playing a bit -- i thought it was kinda
tacky until he told me later it was a Sonny Boy thing.

I asked him what the box was on his amp, and he said
it was an anti-feedback box; he also told me he didn't
have the treble turned down on the amp -- all the tone
controls were at about 4.  (That surprised me a bit
based on all the stuff I've been reading in the harp-l
archives - maybe the box made it unnecessary, maybe
the amp was modified to reduce the trebles, who
knows.)

BTW, I don't have it with me right now, but the latest
edition of Vintage Guitar has some advice about a
fairly simple mod in the amp to lower the treble so
harp players can actually make full use of the tone
controls -- rather than just lowering highs and
raising the lows.  I'll follow up with a bit more on
the mod when I have the magazine and a computer in the
same place.

We don't often get harp players through here, so it
was a real treat to see/hear/chat with Rick Estrin.
He also has great moves on stage!

If this post goes through successfully, it will be my
first post -- thanks to all for sharing from your
years of experience!    --john k.