RE: Technical Innovations

Richard Hunter wrote:

>Note that all the players listed above (and by me) are included for
>their diatonic harmonica work.  I wonder what chromatic players have
>similarly extended technique in the post-Adler era?

How about Eddie Clark (playing everything a semitone sharp and
emulating fiddle ornaments with the slide) and Hugo Diaz (amazing
chordal approach to the chrom)? Or even Stevie Wonder - nobody had
really used note bending in quite that way on the chromatic before.

Not sure I've heard much in the way of really innovative chromatic
playing in more recent years. The only thing that leaps to mind right
away is Bill Barrett bringing an amplified blues tone to jazz playing.

 -- Pat.