Re: Technical Innovations

Ludo wrote (regarding tongue-switched trills and the like)

>Johnny Mars does it with incredible speed

He also uses in with a wider vocabulary than most players. I once
asked him how he learned it and he told me that he'd always been able
to do it, ever since he first put a harp in his mouth.

I also think Johnny should be on the list for his innovative use of
electronics. His recordings really don't do this side of his playing
justice - you need to hear this stuff live to appreciate it.

Lee Oskar should also be on the list, not because of any one
particular technique, but just because he approached the instrument
with such a different mindset to most players. Ditto for Roland Van
Straaten.

 -- Pat.