Re: Jazz Vs Overblows?

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: "Mike Curtis" <ironman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
=20
 > But I play in a rack.  My two hands play guitar (or sometimes =
electric
 > bass).  I stand on one foot.  The other plays organ bass pedals.  I'm =
out
> of "legal-on-stage" appendages to activate the slide, n'est-ce pas?
=20
 You could easily play a Hands-Free-Chromatic that uses a 4mm vertical
 movement of the mouthpiece to accomplish the function of the slide. =
This
 makes your additional "legal on-stage appendage" your neck. It takes =
years
 to develop bend/overblow chromatic ability on a diatonic and minutes to =
play
 all the chromatic notes on an HFC. Because no bending or overblowing is
 required, all of the HFC #/b notes can be held smoothly as long as =
desired
 with exactly the same timbre as the naturals.
=20
 However, if you don't WANT to play the chromatic harmonica, then the =
above
 arguments are all irrelevant!
=20
 Vern