Re: Harping Toothless ?

A friend of mine used to say, "If Sonny Terry had a tooth in his head,
he wouldn't be worth squat."  A bit of hyperbole there, but you get the
point.
Ever seen those film clips of Sonny Boy II (Rice Miller) sticking the
harp in the side of his mouth and playing it?  Do you think he would
have been able to do that if Elmore James hadn't knocked all the teeth
out of that side of his head with a mic stand?
Alas, I still have my teeth and they are still getting in the way.
Tell your friend to take out his choppers and go for it.  He has a
distinct advantage.