Stevie Wonder @ Spah

Thanks Danny for the thoughtful response.  You've pointed out just a few of the
logistical problems in Spah hosting Stevie for a live appearance.   I'm not sure that
any of those problems are insurmountable.   But even if they are, there are other ways
that Stevie could make a valuable contribution to SPAH if he were so inclined.   As
someone pointed out earlier,  Stevie Wonder doesn't "owe" the harmonica community
anything.   That may be true, but it may also be true that Stevie would be agreeable,
even enthusiastic about beginning a dialogue with the harmonica world, but has simply
never been approached the right way.

Instead of asking him to make a personal appearance, it might be even more valuable to
request an interview.   I would nominate (no that's too weak a word, I would INSIST)
that Winslow Yerxa conduct this hypothetical interview.   Winslow has the knowledge and
experience to ask all the right questions.   The knowledge we could glean from such an
interview might far surpass the benefits of a brief concert appearance.   If Stevie
would agree to be video'd or audiotaped while playing examples during the interview
that would be even better, but I would start out just trying to arrange a print
interview.

I don't know if Winslow has already tried and failed to arrange such an interview.  But
it might be worth trying again.  You never know!