Daily Almanac - July 12

I have no events to report for today.

I recently recieved a CD from list member Kevin Taylor, who is the featured
harmonica player on his band's new CD.  The group, "Shoot The Driver" hails
from Indiana and they play a mix of straight-forward Blues with Urban Soul.
The CD, titled "Aiming Straight For The Blues" is a well-mixed,
well-proportioned sample of what the band can do.  Brian Benson leads the
band and does most of the songwriting, guitar playing and singing.  The
rhthym section features Jake Iseminger on drums and Tony Hicks on bass and
the two do a solid job of keeping the band grounded.  Kevin Taylor does a
fine job of handling the harmonica.  He uses a very natural blues sound,
more reminiscent of acoustic Blues than the chicago sound.  It's quite
refreshing to hear a player who concentrates on utilizing playing technique
to communicate their music.  Kevin left music for several years to pursue
teaching, but after playing in a jam session, the Blues bug hit and we're
all very fortunate that it did.  Kevin is a player who shows a lot of
promise and I hope to hear a lot more from him in the future.

You can learn more about Kevin, the band and even purchase their CD by
visiting:
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Shoot_the_Driver/

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net