Re: posting from yahoo

At 01:28 AM 7/7/2003 -0000, yq7abc wrote:

>I'm sorry to repost, I was wrong.  You cannot post directly to harp-l
>using the yahoo web interface.

Yes, you can, it just requires a little setting up.

One doesn't need a Yahoo ID to READ the archives, but it is necessary to be
logged into Yahoo under your Yahoo ID to interact with Yahoo Groups via email.

On the "Edit My Membership" page, [that should come up right away after you
register,] be sure your "Alternate Email Address" is the one you have
registered with Harp-L.  DON'T click the "Hide my email" option.  [I don't
know if the Daily Digests option works, but I clicked it today, so I'll be
finding out soon, I guess.]

Then, go here to sign in and JOIN the Yahoo Harp-L archives group:

Next, go to the archives and click on a message you want to read.  If you
then click on "Reply", you get limited options for where to send the
message, and it's also not <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> as it should be!!  So...
instead, click on "Forward".  This gives you a blank To: field in which you
can type the correct address, or anyone else for that matter.

Send your email, and it will arrive at Harp-L just fine ... exactly as my
last post did, which I wrote using this method.  [I did alter the Subject
line however to delete the "Fwd:" part.  You can do that, or type a new
Subject altogether!]

The key is to join Harp-L and designate that address as your alternate
address with Yahoo, then use Forward to send your posts.

Another option, of course, is to just cut and paste the message information
you want to respond to and send it from your own mailer, Outlook, Eudora,
etc.  You might even find it easier to do this by first clicking on "Expand
Messages" at the top of the Groups page listing the Harp-L messages.  This
neat feature will give you a digest of sorts by which you can quickly scan
the available posts to pick and choose what to cut and paste into your own
post.  Helps speed up reading, too, without having to endure the dreaded
"Continue to message" and advertisement intrusions!!  Hooray!!  ;)

Harp well, folks!!

=[BOBBIE]=

||  B O B B I E   G I O R D A N O  || SPAH Members Support Harp-L! ||
||  h a r p  s p o k e n  h e r e  ||  harp-l-workers@xxxxxxxxxx   ||