Re: "Stormy Monday" help

From: <funharp@xxxxxx>

> Mike Curtis schrieb:
> >
> > This may surprise you, but Jethro Tull does a surprisingly good (and
bluesy)
> > Stormy
> > Monday.
> >

> Sounds interesting!
>
> Do you know what kind of flute Ian Anderson plays for this tune? Is it
> the concert flute or does he use a Tin Whistle in C (second position if
> the song key is G)?

I think it's made of some sort of animal skin.

> What about bending, overblows (musically???), double stops and chords?

When he trips over a cord, of course he stops.

> Does he play acoustically or amplified (if yes: what amp, mic, any
> effects, how does he manage mic cupping?), what about his tone (my wife
> is playing classical flute music and she thinks that Anderson has
> terrible tone!).

Acoustic, but it's amplified.  He keeps his mic in a cup - or is that a
codpiece?  But only when he wants to tone it down a notch.

> Finally: is he steppin' on the vocals?

Of course.  Doesn't everyone?

> Better take this serious, remember I am from...yes...
>
> > ...Germany, where there is no humor.

As serious as a judge, Otto.....  Gib dat boah fiftun yars!!

 -- mike - who is also German, by way of Loooo-wheee-zee-anna