Re: "Stormy Monday" help

Mike Curtis schrieb:

> This may surprise you, but Jethro Tull does a surprisingly good (and bluesy)
> Stormy
> Monday.

Sounds interesting!

Do you know what kind of flute Ian Anderson plays for this tune? Is it
the concert flute or does he use a Tin Whistle in C (second position if
the song key is G)?
What about bending, overblows (musically???), double stops and chords?
Does he play acoustically or amplified (if yes: what amp, mic, any
effects, how does he manage mic cupping?), what about his tone (my wife
is playing classical flute music and she thinks that Anderson has
terrible tone!). Finally: is he steppin' on the vocals?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Better take this serious, remember I am from...yes...

> ...Germany, where there is no humor.

Otto (funharp@xxxxxx --- FUN and HARP in the same word: Help me I'm a
loser!!!)

PS: Frank Z.: