Re: "Stormy Monday" help

Jp,

I usually go with a good ole standard C harp in 2nd
to do Stormy Monday in G. There's a lot you can
play that sounds great over those sexy, jazzy
changes. A great tune to really present your tone.
Watch your bending though, and have fun!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- Jp Pagan <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hey all,
>
>    the band i play with wants to start doing
> "Stormy Monday," probably in G, and i was
> wondering if
> anyone here had any suggestions about a good
> position
> for this tune.
>    as the bass player described it, it's a 12 bar
> in
> G, with the G chords being 7ths and the C chords
> being
> 9ths. also, in the seventh and eighth measures,
> there
> is a "run of Min 7ths A, B, B flat. For the ninth
> and
> tenth measure d9 and D#9 are played." i have to
> admit,
> i'm a little shaky on what that last part all
> means.
>    any help/analysis would be appreciated.
>
>    --Jp

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens