Re: Traveling Musicians and airport security

I recently traveled by air with an amplifier in tow.  The amp was
checked in a road case.  It survived the first part of the trip just,
obviously opened and examined but everything just fine.  After our gig
we packed up and jetted home.  The road case was banged up but nothing
seemed amiss.  A couple of weeks later we had a local gig, I pulled the
amp out of the case and for some reason decided to plug it in just to be
sure everything was all right.  It wasn't the TSA had opened the case up
and pulled the amp out then poked the speaker from behind, large lateral
tear and a hole clean through the 1958 Oxford 8 EV alnico speaker.  It's
reconeable but that amp will never be the same again.  fjm