Re: Rant: Blues, Overblows, and other Stuff- a kazoo a day

a friend recently went on an overseas flight with all his gear - at the airport her stacked his luggage on a trolley wheeled it to the side and began transferring what he had as hand luggage into his big suitcases and transferred some of their contents into the hand luggage.

as he finished he looked up and gave a friendly wave to the security camera on the wall.

making his way to the exit he got stopped three times - very friendly enquiries by security staff to see his passport - almost out of the gate and he was stopped again and asked to visit a room - they went thru the entire luggage until one security guy's face lit up - reached in and pulled out a kazoo...

"what's this"

- - you put it in yr mouth....

"like how?"

 - like this .... toot toot scoobedy too doo whup (assorted kazzoo scat)

- -is that okay?

"thank yu for your co-operation, sir.  Enjoy your visit."

as this guy repacked all his gear and was trundling out the door he looked up to see some other guys being trundled in - John Butler and some of his crew ( an aussie roots music crew)

my friend was so elated to be in such company

- - wow, hi guys.

"hey, guy"

hope they had at least one kazoo among them.

>>> Joel Fritz <jfritz666@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/02/03 09:59am >>>

And maybe not.  <g> Playing the kazoo well requires being able to sing and
improvise.  It's about the same degree of difficulty as scat singing well.