Re: what zappa thought of hendrix (non-harp)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:11:35 -0400, the Leones wrote:

>><<    Apparently Hendrix & Zappa were only popular on the west coast. I
>>  have never met anyone who followed their
>>  music.....................smo-joe >>
>  *Dear Steve, I think you're taking me wrong. See, when I was coming
>up the neighborhood was basically blue collar Italian-Polish-Jewish.
>We would more likely to be listening to Wes Montgomery, Charlie
>Christian, Django Rheinhardt. Even "Los Indios". When we weren't
>listening to "do-wop", it was Jazz or Motown.

It is still difficult to imagine that you never met anyone who followed Hendrix of Zappa. I suspect few of us include pop music as a major component of our
listening, but we all know who Britney is, no?

- --
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company
Peach Orchard, MO