Re: Amp question

I've gigged small and large with a Kal Model 1, and yes,of course, it needs
to be mic'ed.  I have a very loud keyboard player, and fairly loud drummer
and could usually hear myself by hangin out directly in front of the
amp....but I moved up to something in the tweed Deluxe class as soon as I
could, which has more cut, and now the Kal primarily as a practice amp.  For
not-loud-gigs, it's ideal.
Hambone
P.S.  Mine has a 50's Jensen alnico in it.