Fwd: Re: clean harp

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Sariel 'The Yellow Dart'
Lehyani" <SloopyJoe@xxxx> wrote:

> What about William Clarke, George Smith, Big Walter, Dennis
Greunling, and
> Bruce Ewan, just to name a few? I keep reading about how amazed
everyone is
> with the technical skill of some of these players. I don't
know...but I don't
> feel like I could ever imagine overblows sounding good in any
musical context,
> especially blues.

Dennis Gruenling uses overblows.

Paul Oscher played overblows on a Muddy Waters record in 1968, or so
he told me.

The first known record of an overblow was on one of the early blues
classics, Mean Low Blues by Blues Birdhead in the late 1920's. Sounds
just fine.

These players all have impeccable blues credentials and use(d)
overblows.

Winslow