Re: JJ tubes

Hi,

About a year ago I completely retubed my Fender
Blues Jr. with JJ tubes, and love the way it
sounds. Still very spanky, but not nearly as harsh
as it sounded with the old Groove Tubes I was
using.

I put in 2 EL-84 power tubes, 2 ECC83 S (12AX7),
and 1 ECC82 (12AU7) and the amp sounds very warm
(by comparison to how it used to sound), and, when
pushed, nice and crunchy with a bit of that classic
Fender chime tossed in.

Can't speak to the 6L6GC, but, I've been very happy
with my BJ since installing the JJs.

Next, I'll start looking at getting one of those
vintage Weber speakers to replace the stock Fender
"Special Design". Look out!

Hope this helps,

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- "Jay M. Thompson" <JMThomps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with JJ tubes. I'm
> especially interested in experience with the
> 12ax7 and 6L6GC. Thanks in advance.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens