Daily Almanac - January 28

List member Juke Joint Johnny Winkler was born on this day in 1950.  Johnny
sent me a CD of one of his gigs and he's one heck of a great rockin' Blues
harp player.  Happy Birthday Johnny!!!

Country singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Al Dexter died on this
day in 1984.  Dexter wrote the hit song "Pistol Packin' Mama" in the 1940's
and played the harmonica amongst his many talents.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Al Dexter, please visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/al%20dexter.htm

Bluegrass Mandolin and harmonica player Earl taylor died on this day in
1984.  Taylor began playing the harmonica at the age of twelve.  His "Stoney
Mountain Boys Blue Grass Band" was the first Bluegrass group to play
Carnegie Hall.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Earl Taylor, please visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/earl%20taylor.htm

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net