re:amps

For blues jams, I would recommend an amp. I have a 50 watt Fender and it's
way too loud. Seriously I can be heard a mile away playing outside with the
amp turned up to 5. The silver face Fenders (early 70s) are a good deal. Try
a Princeton or a Pro Reverb. You can usually get them realitively
inexpensive and they're quality amps.Put the amp off to one side so it won't
feed back.

If the band is loud and busy, comp with octaves. I mostly play bluz raaawk
and some solid tongue block comping with an occasional Popper like high run
will work fine.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals