Re: turbo lids handedness?

Actually,  I just flipped my turbolid equipped 'A' harp over (my turbolid'ed 'G' is not here for me to test) and gave the 1 hole a pretty hard attack on both blow and draw.  Result: no reed pinging on the lid.  I suppose others might have different results but it is worth a try.

Also, related to the thread on 'practicing on the move', if you tightly cup a turbolid (which is designed to optimize your cup seal) and use your cheek to block the high holes you can *really* smother the volume of the harp.  I haven't tested how the volume might vary as your move higher on the harp and expose lower holes.  My USD $.02.

Regards,
Frank