Re: pianola

Mat wrote:
>Did anyone in the UK see "Antiques Roadshow" last night? I had the sound
>down, but saw what appeared to be a kind of player-piano harmonica. I'd never
>heard of such a thing before; has anyone else?

Rollmonicas appear pretty often on ebay, in various states of repair, and with
or without rolls.  They are made of bakelite, if I recall, and usually go for a
couple of hundred dollars in good condition.  Here's some more information and
pictures of some:

http://mmd.foxtail.com/Archives/Digests/199512/1995.12.14.06.html
http://www.shermandoucette.com/museum/rolllmonica.jpg

- -tim