Re: William Russo - Obit

Peter, Rupert, and All -

Regarding Peter's post:

"Composer William Russo died on January 11 from complications from
pneumonia,
here in his native Chicago.  Russo composed "Three Pieces For Blues Band
And
Orchestra" and "Street Dances" in the late 1960's.  The pieces were
created
to feature the Seigel-Schwall Blues Band, featuring harmonica player
Corky
Siegel and were premiered at Ravinia, just north of Chicago.  If you
haven't
had a chance to hear these pieces, I'd look around to find a copy (LP
only
on the Deutsche-Grammaophon label).  Siegel's playing is nothing short
of
superb.".........

Both albums have been available on a single CD for quite some time
directly from Corky at:
http://www.chamberblues.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=music
or
http://chamberblues.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=music&Category_Code=symphonic

Price: $20.00 USD

As a collector, and afficianado of Corky's playing, I have all his CDs
in my collection. But the usual disclaimer applies.

Danny