RE: TONE (was 2000 hours)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:06:07 -0700, Michelle LeFree wrote:

> At the risk of being accused of heresy, as masterful a player as he
>was, Sonny Boy Williamson II, IMO, did not possess "great tone", acoustic or
>otherwise.

Very clearly, we're not speaking the same language. In my opinion, SBWII is the holy grail of blues tone. His vocal-like sound, tremendous range, and ability to
emote through tone are seldom matched, and never surpassed in the genre, IMHO.

- --
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company
Peach Orchard, MO