Re: Who is correct? Bassman speakers

In a message dated 1/14/03 10:44:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
PGrissim@xxxxxxx writes:

> Back to this speaker question, I saw a pair of Jensen P10S 10" speakers in a
> guitar shop for sale, and when I asked what the difference was to the P10R
> he said the P10S breaks up earlier,does anybody know about that one? BTW,
> that was my Vibrolux at the 99' Barrett blow off,(which I traded for a 62'
> Concert,then traded that for a 55',then traded that.........) Pete Grissim

Yeah Pete,

I have used a P10S with one of my kalamazoo's and it sounded ok. I like the
C10Q a little better because I thought it was little more loud and
pronounced. I would use the P10S for a low powered amp or something like
that. The P10S is a good speaker, and a good low powered substitute in any
amp that may have a 10" speaker that sounds like crap or is blown. I have
heard of some people putting these in Bassmans, but I cannot confirm this. If
the price is fair to cheap, throw down for them. They can be good for spares.

Andrew