Re: Non-Essential harmonica books

- --Apple-Mail-2--310855770

That was a novel ("Letters from Hell") written by a student of Howard's=20=

(Andy Forest).

John

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 02:00  PM, Resophonic@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This is not really an ESSENTIAL harmonica book. =A0In fact it's hardly =
a=20
> harmonica book at all, but it was written by a harmonica player. =A0It=20=

> has more to do with 60s counterculture, but the main character had a=20=

> fascination or obsession with his Marine Band in the key of F. =A0I=20
> think the author, who was a musician, played harmonica and dulcimer,=20=

> and also wrote some great songs, spent some time hanging out with Paul=20=

> Butterfield too.
> =A0=A0=A0The book, a novel, is "Been Down So Long, Looks Like Up To =
Me" by=20
> Richard Farina.
>
> Speaking of novels involving harmonica players. =A0I've been trying to=20=

> remember the title of a book that Howard Levy mentioned at the Global=20=

> Harmonica Summit. =A0The author's name was Andy something. =A0Howard=20=

> thought it was the best book he'd read in terms of dealing with the=20
> life of a musician. =A0I believe it's a novel, maybe a mystery. =A0Do =
any=20
> of you know this book?
>
> I really enjoyed "Me And My Big Mouth" by Larry Adler. =A0I'd bet his=20=

> other books are good too.
> Walter Lay

John Galvin
			Italian into English
Ph:	513-923-4206
Fx: 	513-923-4206

- --Apple-Mail-2--310855770

That was a novel ("Letters from Hell") written by a student of
Howard's (Andy Forest).

John

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 02:00  PM, Resophonic@xxxxxxx wrote:

an ESSENTIAL harmonica book. =A0In fact it's hardly a harmonica book at
all, but it was written by a harmonica player. =A0It has more to do with
60s counterculture, but the main character had a fascination or
obsession with his Marine Band in the key of F. =A0I think the author,
who was a musician, played harmonica and dulcimer, and also wrote some
great songs, spent some time hanging out with Paul Butterfield too.

=A0=A0=A0The book, a novel, is "Been Down So Long, Looks Like Up To Me" =
by
Richard Farina.

Speaking of novels involving harmonica players. =A0I've been trying to
remember the title of a book that Howard Levy mentioned at the Global
Harmonica Summit. =A0The author's name was Andy something. =A0Howard
thought it was the best book he'd read in terms of dealing with the
life of a musician. =A0I believe it's a novel, maybe a mystery. =A0Do =
any
of you know this book?

I really enjoyed "Me And My Big Mouth" by Larry Adler. =A0I'd bet his
other books are good too.

Walter Lay</smaller></fontfamily>

John Galvin

Translations: 	French into English