Re: Who is correct? Bassman speakers

In a message dated 1/12/2003 5:09:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Lsboogie44@xxxxxxx writes:

> Bob,
> I'm not so sure this answers the question in my mind.  If your real '59
> Bassman has Jensen P10R speakers and that is what the Victoria has and
> Fender puts the Celestion Vintage 30 in the custom shop '59 Bassman, why is
> that people are saying the Jensen P10R reissues are some of the worst
> speakers on the market and why is it that Fender is putting the Celestion
> Vintage 30 in the custom '59?  Again, the real question is not duplication
> of equipment, but tone.  Who has the closest duplication of tone that you
> can get from a speaker: Fender or Victoria?  Why didn't Fender go back to
> the original speaker (P10R) themselves?  They kept to the other
> specifications of the amp.
> Best regards,
> Boogie

     To add my opinion on this subject,I think Fender wasn't trying to copy
the original 59 bassman,but to build a quality BASS amp that resembles the
59.I don't think Fender had harp in mind when designing this amp.It may be a
great harp amp,who knows?It wouldn't surprise me if it was.I'd like to see
this same amp with the 4 -10 configuration,now that would grab the attention
of harp players!...Dave