Augusta

Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:48:03 EST
From: Iceman6300@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Augusta

For those that never saw a harp before, Augusta has always offered an evening
mini-class for total beginners. The downside is that there is an additional
$40 fee.

The daytime beginner classes are best for those that can, at the very least,
bend and play single notes.

The Iceman

Yup, my first year there I took the morning, afternoon, and night
class as well as the afternoon "how to jam" class (lot's of guitar
players, the harp players were in demand *smile*)....

As an aside, I'm an asthmatic (kinda strange to be playing a wind
related instrument!!!) and I found that playing the harp is WONDERFUL
therapy and greatly improves my breathing.

My "problem" was that the Novice/Beginners were lumped in together in
one class, with no qualification as you just pointed out advertised
up front.  This last year,I mentioned this to them and  they DID say
they would address it, and I'll take that at their word since due to
a major illness my wife was suffering I had to cancel. I hope to make
it this year....I'd say I'm somewhere between a Novice and beginner
(I know what a harp is but could sure still use lots of practice!)

Jerry

[who still has great memories of seeing the Iceman play with the
brass section during the swing dance outside, and sharing some "white
lightning" with Phil Wiggins" on the porch.]
- --

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement,
  achievement and success have no meaning." - Benjamin Franklin