Re: Joe Messina - Funk Brother

> Nicholas wrote:
>
> > So , maybe it's him blowin high thru an F harp in Temptations hit
> > "Masterpiece" ? Or are those few notes not made by a harp at all
> > [I'm sure it's a harmonica]?
>
> And Joe responds:
>
> "It wasn't me.. One of the Stevenson boys did play on some sessions,
> and I know Stevie played on some...I'm not sure who played on the
> Temps session....Sorry I can't help you........"
>
> As I stated in the original post, Joe did not start playing harmonica
> until 1980, and of course all the old Motown megahits were much
> earlier than that. Joe mentions "the Stevenson boys", and there was
> a chromatic jazz harmonica player named Danny Stevenson in those
> days. I am not sure if he is still playing. But my best guess would
> be that Stevie played most of the harmonica tracks for Motown, as is
> evidenced in the film, "Standing In the Shadows of Motown".
>
> Danny

Many thanks for the reply kindly given directly from the source :-)

In my previous post I forgot to mention that I have an old compilation
of Temptations comprising "Song for You" and "Masterpiece" albums
but there is no mention in the credits of the harmonica.
I've checked all music guide and have seen a guy named Ted Lucas
credited with the hamonica part. Maybe it's him but since I haven't seen
his name among the Funk Brothers before
and now with this all new info surfacing courtesy of mr Messina , could
anyone affirm this ?
Sorry for any trouble I may be putting you into as it may be hairsplitting.