RE: Nightmares

If your darling sings like I hear now, you have my
condolances!

Regarding "Perfect pitch", I have to admit that over
50 years I had never given it a second thought. It was
just one of those things that either it sounded right,
or it didn't. In a harp context, I re-tuned an aweful
lot of them. I never really needed an extraneous
reference, but the engineer in me always insisted that
I double-check, and I was never far (1 or 2 cents)
off, so perhaps I did have a natural sense of pitch.

Can you develop "perfect pitch"? I don't know. There
have been some threads on Harp-L in the past that
suggest this is possible. If the archives are back
on-line you might research this.

Another possible question is whether "perfect pitch"
is necessary. Is being able to differentiate 440 from
442 more important than being able to recognize a
disharmony with your playing partners?

Ted