Re: Augusta Heritage Blues Week 2003

Larry mentioned two items in his post that I'll attest to without
hesitation:

> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:31:38 -0500
> From: Iceman6300@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Augusta Heritage Blues Week 2003
>
> There is no substitute for real time harmonica interaction with qualified
teachers and avid musicians.

> One of these best experiences is found in the hills of West Virginia at
the annual Augusta Heritage Blues Week (www.augustaheritage.com).

I'd say that my week at Augusta several years ago was an epiphany for me.
Total immersion in blues harmonica for a solid week with outstanding
teachers, a beautiful environment at Davis & Elkins College, and the chance
to pick up so many little riffs, ideas, techniques from the teachers and
your classmates too. I took the intermediate/advanced course from Larry too,
and it expanded my harp horizons immensely. It is an intense, nearly
round-the-clock experience with classroom study, meetings, and evening jam
sessions that go on til the wee early hours. In my opinion, a great
investment to my harpicology/harmonicology degree. If you haven't been, give
Augusta some serious thought!

bill otten
St. Petersburg, FL