RE: New Harp from Tombo

JR "Bulldogge" Ross wrote:
"The Ultimo is quite nice, using the same reeds as the LO (if not reed-plate
and comb), but has some truly wretched covers."

Wretched? When I lived in the Czech Republic, I owned a few Tombo Ultimos
and felt they were damn fine harps all the way around. I especially liked
the comfortable, easy-to-hold design - very much like a Suzuki Promaster. If
I recall correctly, though, they cost about a third more than the Lee Oskars
(which at that time were my harp of choice) so I didn't buy many.
Incidentally, I also liked the Tombo Folk-Blues model which seemed to be the
same as a Lee Oskar, but with different coverplate stampings (and a lower
price tag).
MN