Re: Happy Belated 10th Birthday to Harp-L

What a blast to hear from our founder, the man who dreamed up harp-l
and made it happen - Chris Pierce!

A few of us managed to persuade Chris to come to SPAH in 1994 in
Memphis, and I think we had some sort of seminar or discussion of
internet harmonica resources. Didn't see him again after that, and
heard very little as his life's activites took him away from running
harp-l.

The next year, it was tech wizard and new harp-l owner Hugh Messenger
who showed up at SPAH in Detroit, along with Norman Ives and Dr.
Midnight over from Blighty, telling tales of a strange being named
Douglas Tate who could make the harmonica sound louder - loud enough
to fill a hall - by closing his hands around it!

Still later it was Michael Polesky with his talent for charming
unlikely combinations of individuals into getting together (I
remember the panorama of his living room with Charlie Musselwhite,
Tommy Morgan, Douglas Tate, Cham-ber Huang and several other
luminaries at a NAMM bash) - in each time, the right person for the
next stage in the life of harp-l.

But none of this would have come to pass without out our founder, and
so many good things have happened in the world of the harmonica, both
directly and indirectly, as a result of his vision and action.

Anyway, it's nice to hear from Chris. Hope you're doing well, man!
It's perhaps auspicious to hear from the guy who started it all at
this point when the foal is getting its legs under it - once again
(and I always thought the phoenix was a bird!).

Winslow