Daily Almanac - February 24

Blues guitar and harmonica player Elmon mickle, also known as Drftin' Slim,
was born on this day in 1919.  Mickle learned to play the harmonica from
Sonny Boy Williamson I and later worked with the other Sonny Boy Williamson
as well.

British Blues singer and harmonica player Paul Jones was born on this day in
1942.  Jones was the lead singer for the first incarnation of the Manfredd
Mann band as well as producing quite a number of albums of his own.

Blues harmonica player Tom Shaw died on this day in 1977.  Shaw began
playing harmonica at the age of nine and even worked with Blind lemon
Jefferson.  After moving to California in the 1930's he only worked
sporadically in music.

Birthday greetings go out to list members Albert Boehlein, who was born on
this day in 1923 and to Harmonica John Frazier, who was born on this day in
1954.  Both have been frequent contributors to these lists and to the world
of the harmonica in general.  Happy Birthday Albert and John!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net