Re: Custom Harps

> >Do you ever
> >hear the players breath on a recording? That's usually cause the harp is
> >leaking air (something tim's harps hardly do).
>
> Yes and it's part of the charm of great blues records - like hearing a guy
> grab a gulp of air thru a harp mic. It's plain cool.
> Hi-fidelity and blues aren't necessarily the best combo. Maybe these
custom
> harps are better for jazzy/fusiony/kinda bluesy muzak?
> I'll stick with my wheezy marine bands. If it was good enough for SBWII...

Well, he used to dip them in water to make them airtight, so I guess that's
that ;-)

However, I'd say that if a leaky sound all the time is what you aim for (and
the pushy bends that usually come with it) that's your call. If you like
that sound occasionnally, then it's easy to learn to do it even on a custom
diatonic.

I have used T-Bone S20s for a while and they rock without feeling very
different from normal harps, just good ones. For what it's worth, blues
audiences never complained...

Ben FELTEN, Editor
www.planetharmonica.com