Re: Heidi Newfield of the Country group "Trick Pony"

Iceman wrote:
>There is a buzz on that they are the new up and coming group, a la Dixie
>Chicks.
>
>Anyone on the list heard of this band?

They have a pretty decent website: http://www.trickpony.com/ with sound clips
(I didn't hear any harp).

She's certainly got the rig.  In the "Fan Zone" section of photos there are
pictures of her playing what looks like Lee Oskars through a Green Bullet.  In
at least one photo she's playing straight through the wireless vocal mic.

This kind of music to me straddles the line between commercial rock and
country.  Steel guitars, fiddles and southern accents, layered onto slick
production and catchy hooks.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, if
it's what you're into.  Frankly I'd rather watch Heidi play harp than, say,
Mick Jagger (notice I didn't say "listen to..." ;-)

- -tim
www.workingmansharps.com