NYC Harp Events by The NY Reedsters

Hi to all our friends at Harp-l.....!

  We (Rob Paparozzi & Wade Schuman) are in the process of planning some =
unique gatherings of Harmonica players, Builders & Customizers at the =
end of March 2003 in NYC. ( 3/30).

     The events are for serious players only and ALL styles will be =
presented and explored in an informal fashion. Both Chromatic and =
Diatonic players who have an understanding and respect for the =
instrument will be asked to participate. Representatives, Liasons and =
some of the world's best players with similar commitmant will attend to =
perform and discuss the "state of the harp" at this point in time. I =
consider this more of  a 'gathering' than a summit because of it's =
relaxed setting.

     It should further be noted, this is a non-profit organization, only =
interested in the betterment of our instrument, any fees are to fund the =
cost of production. Since space is limited, this will be on an =
invitational basis.

    In the past participants such as Robert Bonfiglio, Paul Oscher, =
William Galison, Mike Turk, Annie Raines, Don Brooks, Charlie Leighton, =
Wade Schuman, Hendrik Meurkins, John Popper, Pierre Beauregard, Gregoire =
Maret, Cham-ber Huang, Pat Missin, Miquel Weissman, Harris Simon, =
Charles Spranklin, Susan Rosenberg, Sonny Hudson, Gary Schreiner, Randy =
Weinstein and many more.... have participated and supported us at our =
meetings.=20

This is in NO way meant as a competition with any other organizations =
and I encourage all to support our parent club SPAH and try their best =
to make the yearly convention, where you get a week  of totally non-stop =
first class 'Harmonica Heaven',-)

This time we hope to have some very 'special guests' coming into  NYC =
for the gathering.

      We are hoping to announce some related events very soon for 3/28, =
3/29 but for now the "get together" is scheduled for midtown manhattan =
on Sunday Afternoon into evening March 30th, 2003.

.....please contac me "off list" if interested (space permitting) we =
don't at this point know what type of response we will have so we =
apologize in advance, as we may not be able to accomodate everyone =
wanting to attend due to space constrictions.

PS>>>remember folks, this is NOT about any ONE style of playing, it is =
about the Chromatic and Diatonic and all the other REED'ed cousins ie: =
Sheng, Bass, Chord, Omni, special tuned, and Overblow technique, Mic'ing =
and amp=20
info etc.....and depending on our guests, we may spend a little more =
time on any of these harp/techniques.

.....................respectfully yours in reeds,
rob paparozzi

     =20

   =20

  =20