Re: We all know about the TB technique but what about NB?

<<I could not get a certain tone quality in a draw bend. What happens is that
as I get the embouchure shape needed to get the tone on this bend air starts
to become drawn in through the nose as well. It is difficult for me to
control this and  get the note right. Block the nose and problem solved. I
can do this in a less conspicuous way by sort of cramming my fingers up
against the nose>>

There is a voluntary muscle w/flap that does this for you internally. It is a
glottal stop, and is designed within the human body to enable you to
consciously close the gap between your sinus cavities and your throat.

Many people were never aware of this and have trouble finding it within
themselves. Inhale with your mouth closed - in mid breath, keeping the
pressure steady with your diaphragm, stop the air flow quickly. You will
feel/hear a deep click from behind your sinus cavity. This is the flap
closing.

Learn to control this and use it instead of your fingers/hand in closing off
the nasal cavity when playing.

The Iceman