Re: Small Harp Amp Princeton Reverb

mdestefano@xxxxxxxx writes:
<< Princeton Reverbs have great quality construction, point to point wiring,
and
 best of all great sound.  A modern boutique version of the Princeton would
 probably cost $1500 if it was available.
     Stock they usually sound great, some tube swaps, even a bit better, and
oh,
 that killer verb. >>

don is so right.  mine has quickly become my favorite small amp, ahead of my
sf champ.  maybe even my favorite amp, ahead of my '68 sf super, though
sometimes you just need the volume.  out one night with the champ i wished i
had a bit of reverb, so the next day i plugged in the princeton, and i was
blown away at how great it sounded (even before i turned on the reverb), and
wondered why i had forgotten this.
mine is the late 70s pull button on the volume.  the original speaker was
shot a long time ago (a failed experiment with feedback from a less paul),
and now has a p10r (i think that's right) i got from weber.  can't remember
how much it cost, but it wasn't the top end model.
here's the tubes i run, which were suggested by don...from right to left
looking at the back of the amp...
1st gain...12dw7 (you can also use a 12ay7)
reverb drive...12at7
reverb recovery...12ay7
vibrato...12ax7
power tubes...pair of 6v6