harp-l working

Hi all,

    I know harp-l helps and informs harmonicats in many ways, but I just
wanted to share a positive experience that never would have taken place if it
wasn't for the existence of harp-l.

   Last week I had a gig in a local bar in town. First time we were playing
there. In fact it was the bands second booking. After the first set a fellow
harp-ler (Hey Jimbeau) came up and introduced himself to me. He found out I
was playing at this bar through Harp-l. In fact, through harp-l we discovered
we graduated from the same high school a year apart. It was in some strange
way it was satisfying to learn a guy from my same school got into the harp
and all its great players similar to the way I had.

   I invited him up for a couple of tunes. One on his own, and one we did
together. The cat impressed me, not only with his playing, but with his
general demeanor and courtesy. He also had some nice things to say about me.
This positive encounter probably never would have happen if it wasn't for
this list. Harp-l working at it's best!

                      Here's to the list,
                         chrisM