RE: rechargable batteries

Hello, Harp_l'ers -

Lots of folks have commented on rechargable batteries recently.  I'm an avid
amateur photographer and use a digital camera a lot.  Digital cameras are
notorious battery hogs.  After encountering less than desireable results
with over-the-counter batteries and chargers, I did a hefty amount of
research on rechargeable batteries and chargers.  The concensus amongst
knowledgeable digital camera users is that one company, Maha Energy, has the
lock on quality batteries and chargers.  I bought a Maha charger and two
sets of 4 Maha rechargeable NiMH batteries two years ago and I am totally
pleased with their performance.  I have yet to encounter a photo session in
which the two sets of fully charged batteries have failed to fulfill my
needs, even outdoors in the dead of winter, and one set almost always fills
the bill.  Also, I have not yet needed to replace my original two sets of
batteries after two years of steady use.  I won't bother mentioning the
model numbers of my charger and batteries as Maha continually introduces
improved models.  In my experience, the Maha stuff far exceeds the quality
of over-the-counter (Wal-Mart-esque) batteries and chargers, and they aren't
much more expensive.  My store-bought Eveready charger and batteries gather
dust--not a very appealing price/performance ratio!  If you are seeking a
better solution than your current rechargeable battery set-up, I highly
recommend that you give Maha a serious look: http://www.mahaenergy.com/.

Happy (wireless amplified) harping!

Michelle