Re: Princeton Reverb

Vince wrote:
>I have been wanting a black face Princeton Reverb for years.  I played
>through one while filling in for someone else. <snip> Man that amp rocked!

and Mark concurred:
>Incidentally, I had a similar experience with a BF Princeton Reverb, using it
>at an open mic/jam session.  That amp was amazingly good for harp.

I saw Magic Dick play through a blackface Princeton Reverb with the J. Geils
Band in 1973 (I think, that was a long time ago), and it changed my life.  It
was at the legendary Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin, TX., and he had it
remic's through the PA to fill that hall.  The sound was unbelievable (much of
it due to Dick's incredible tone -- am I allowed to use that phrase?).  I've
wanted one ever since, but it's never gotten high enough on my priority list to
be worth the investment.  It's just not enough bigger than my beautiful Vibro
Champ to be at the top of the "most wanted" list.

- -tim
www.workingmansharps.com